About Me

My photo
Well.. it's kinda hard to describe myself with words. Let's just start it ^^. I am Alexis, 19, Sagittarius, living and working as an artist. That's all, I guess you can find out more about me on what I have said online. Have a nice day and thanks for reading. Hope you do enjoy the process.

Sunday 19 February 2012

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Black

 I have this gel cream eyeliner from Maybelline for more than 1 year (or probably two years... yeah I know I should dispose it and get a new one) and yet it still be able to be used as smooth as it was newly used, so do the small liner brush which comes with the eyeliner in 1 set. This eyeliner available in black and brown. It did has one limited edition which comes in blue but I did not get it because I don't think I will be wearing an blue eyeliner. Still black and brown eyeliner are the best in the selection to me. So, I picked up the eyeliner in black. It only costs me about RM40 if I am not mistaken.
The brush still works great even after hundred times of washing. 








As you can see from the picture above, the eyeliner packaging isn't that attractive. I wonder why did Maybelline pick this kind of cap. It reminds me of Coke. Please do not be fooled by look. It does better work than most gel cream eyeliners on the market and yet still affordable. This is quite long lasting. You gonna believe it because its from a person with oily eyelids (me). However, it will fade away some after many hours outside and may drops a bit on the bottom. It doesn't look noticeable on me. The brush allows you to control the heaviness of the eyeliner. It is handy and small enough to put in travelling cosmetic purse. You can either wear it very light or only on the upper eyelash lines or make it heavier like I did in the following pictures.
In the picture above, I teamed the eyeliner with Za True White 2 Way Foundation, Etude House Highlighter and minimal Silkygirl Lipgloss. I actually wear it on both the upper and bottom eyelash lines sometimes. It is safe to be used on more sensitive eyes. It makes your eye make up looks much better even with only thin lines. Furthermore, I also use it to darken my eyebrows like I did in the picture. The shade may not be the blackest black but it still looks great on all skin types and skin tones and ages and sexes. You may blur it a bit with the brush or your fingertips to make it looks more natural and less heaviness.
You may add on a few coats of volumizing mascara in black or black brown to add on the drama ^^. It claims to be able to stay on 24 hours but I think this will only stay on about 12 hours on oily eyelids. It is waterproof and a stronger eye remover is needed. The gel cream will not dry out unless you leave it 'unsealed' for many hours. The texture is more likely to be creamy and you may need to wait for a few seconds to let it dry.It is available at all Maybelline counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment