About Me

My photo
Well.. it's kinda hard to describe myself with words. Let's just start it ^^. I am Alexis, 19, Sagittarius, living and working as an artist. That's all, I guess you can find out more about me on what I have said online. Have a nice day and thanks for reading. Hope you do enjoy the process.

Monday 20 February 2012

Make Up For 'Elder Skin'

Hello, everyone. I guess you're known what this post is all about. Yeah right, Alexis is gonna show and teach you easy tips and steps to do beautiful elegant make up for the elder ladies. First, get your skin cleansed and moisturized and protected just like the picture above. That model is my mum. She is about 57 this year.
Then, prepare a good quality brightening long lasting make up base such as this L'Oreal Paris White Perfect Transparent Rosy Whitening BB Cream SPF20++. You may read more about that cream when you click on the link ^,^. Apply a fair amount of the cream on your hand back and blend it well. Apply it on your whole face by drawing a little bit and doing the rest with well blending. It should be done in only 1 minute. After 1 minute, dewy look is achieved but this is just the first step >,^.
Then, get your spot concealor on your hand quickly! Make sure it is able to conceal spots, long lasting and matches your skin tone. My mum uses this Rejuarna Cover Spots Foundation in a slightly more yellowish darker tone. I apply it on the spots and blend the cream quickly before it gets cakey. The skin still looks natural after all these.
Now, we will have lifting foundation applied well on the skin. My mum got this Make Up For Ever Liquid Lift Foundation in #3 which shows more orangey and darker on her skin if more was used. However, I pump it once on my hand (shown in the right side of the picture above). Now, I will apply on the foundation by drawing on a little bit and blending the rest well. Look more carefully to the hair lines and jaw lines. You wouldn't want to look weird, right? Whatever remember, always get a high quality foundation like this one even though it costed my mum RM130 and showed to be darker and less suitable for her if more was applied. That's why I applied on the concealor first to save the foundation using. Less foundation used also means more natural look. She was lighter when she purchased the foundation.
So, the foundation is done perfectly and is used to cover the spots and eyebags and wrinkles. Doesn't she look younger right now? Her skin is so dewy ^^. You may realize that her lips are washed out but that's just casual. I did the lips well concealed by the foundation so that the lip colours will be applied and showed much more better.

On the further steps, the Za True White 2 Way Foundation in #20 is used to set the make up well and add on some concealor at the same time. This makes her look less dewy and more to radiant. Her make up matches her skin perfectly.
After the foundation, we are now to the shading powder, highlighter and blushers (below, in the left side). I used Arezia #983 Blush Brush and a Menard big eyeshadow brush for the powders. I got a fair amount of The Balm Bahama Mama Shading Powder (above, in the left) with the Arezia brush and sweep lightly on the sides of her cheek and then I got the hairlines and jaw lines done with the same way and with a fair amount. Not using too much of this at once or else you may end looking baked. Ok, then I sweep the nose bridge sides with the Menard brush. Next, I sweep some of the highlighting powder (above, in the right side) on the t-zone, above and below the lips and around the eyes and brows. And then, I add on some dramas to the make up by blending a fair amount of the Cyber Colors deep pink and Majolica Majorca light peach blushes (I mixed them together) shown on the picture below (in the left side).
See? The picture on the right side on the picture above shown the effects of the shading and highlighting and blushing the face.
All right, we gonna make the spiritless eyes spark instantly with the help of the IN2IT Waterproof Eyeshadow Palette. I simply get a fair amount of the shadows all in once with another Menard medium size shadow brush and apply on the both upper eyelids and slightly more above it. Then, I got the deepest shadow from the palette and apply on the half of the shadowed areas (starts from the eyelash lines). After that, I highlighted the eyes with the lightest shade of the shadows from the end to the middle of the eyebrows. I draw and blend well the Cyber Colors Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown on the eyebrows and used it as an eyeliner on the upper and bottom eyelash lines, heehee ^^.
Ya I know, the lips still looking sick....
Finally, I am applying the lip liner, Pink Princess (RM32) from Max Factor. It goes on the lips smoothly. It is so creamy and the colour is so pretty. Then, I applied the Rimmel London Show Off Lipstick in 10 which is actually pinkish brown (suitable for all races) and apply on a coat of Za lipgloss in strawberry soda. See the effects in the following pictures. Its easy and stylish. Enjoy your day ^v^ and thanks for reading this post.
This is captured with lipgloss ^^.
With no lipgloss. I actually add on some powders on the neck, hands, legs and above the chest for more dramas.

This is also with lipgloss.

You may skip the lipgloss for less drama like this picture shown.
This is the best picture! ^+^. She looks so flawless in the picture and it feels like she is just about 40 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment