About Me

My photo
Well.. it's kinda hard to describe myself with words. Let's just start it ^^. I am Alexis, 19, Sagittarius, living and working as an artist. That's all, I guess you can find out more about me on what I have said online. Have a nice day and thanks for reading. Hope you do enjoy the process.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Maybelline Pure BB Mineral Instant Skin Smoother Mousse

BB Cream is never an outdated multi-functions cosmetic (especially in Asia). It's good to know what to use for a natural yet flawless look but is it that easy to find a suitable one? Well... not easy at all! I bet you guys have tried and tried at least 3 brands of BB Cream and some may still think that no BB out there is suitable. Now, the people' voice has been shouted out loudly and the companies know its time for the darker version of BB Cream... well that means making darker shades for darker skins.
 I bought this Mousse at RM45 and the reason I bought were simply because I tried the other version of this range and it did not fail on me (however, not that lasting). Then, I am interested in Mousse things and I thought this would be a cheaper version of Shu Uemura BB Mousse Base which is about RM130 for 30ml. By the way, Shu's Mousse is somehow a little bit drying for me even my skin is combination. And Shu's doesn't provide any coverage. However, Shu's controls oil 'super' well. The best oil absorbing cosmetic I ever used! And it provides long lasting dewy look, allows make up to stay longer.
 Now, I gonna speak about this mousse after 4 applications. It comes in 'fresh' tone, 65ml. Not that pricey for its size and functions. It claims the 8 skin care functions like the other version of Maybelline BB Cream. Moisturizing, sunblock, clarifying... bla bla bla. Frankly speaking, I don't think this really do well as a skin care base or whatever. However, it is very fast and easy to apply and it leaves semi radiant look. It also conceals fairly good but the shade is 3 tones darker than me. Still look 2 tones darker even after powdering with 2 way foundation (What The Fish?). The packaging is not that bad but it can be quite messy after 2 applications. The mousse simply 'stay' on the 'mouth' and cap and I really don't like this. It is required to shake well before 'spray' out the mousse and a little goes a long way and not much is needed to conceal the flaws. The mousse turned into slightly orangey shade when I spray it on my hand. It is so light like I didn't put on anything on my skin.
 Well, you can see the difference between 'mousse face' (right) and naked face (left). It still looks very natural in the pictures but it can be a little bit cakey on my face after a while. Perhaps this is not well for oilier skin. However, drier skin may appreciate this. Trust me, I applied it on my mum once and even gave her this bottle. It is a great base for dry and mature skin, better with liquid foundation and a little bit of powder. These create nearly flawless, radiant and natural look when used together.
 Unfortunately, it is not stable on my skin. You can see it is rubbed by the tissue paper easily as I blot on my skin. And I dislike this kind of foundation because it will definitely melt or fade away on my skin.
The picture above showed the look after application with Maybelline BB Mousse (right) and Za liquid foundation (left). By the way, this looks better in photo shooting than real life. And you can't find any cute shimmery in this mousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment